Legacy giving, or leaving a gift in a will, accounts for more almost a third of the charities income and without it we would struggle to provide care and homes to the 800+ animals a year we look after. We know that many of our supporters have already made provision for us in their Wills and we are very grateful to them, but we are also aware that many more have not yet made plans for the future and we would like to help.
Writing a Will can be a daunting prospect, so we have teamed up with the National Free Wills Network to provide a simple, free* solution. In order to help our supporters and to make legacy giving as simple as possible, we have partnered with a number of local solicitors to offer a free* will writing service, completely free of obligation. We can provide you with the details of local solicitors who can draw up a simple will for you (and your partner), and then invoice the Shelter at a greatly reduced rate.
Whilst we obviously hope that you would remember the Shelter among those benefiting from your last wishes, there is no obligation to do so.
The process is a simple one:
- Send your name, address and contact telephone number to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the box above for an online form.
- You will receive a pack in the post including the details of several local, trusted solicitors
- Contact your choice of solicitor to book your appointment. They are all aware of the scheme.
- The solicitor will then guide you through the will writing process and complete all the legal requirements on your behalf.
We are also offering piece of mind to those pledging to leave us a legacy, by guaranteeing to care for and rehome any domestic pets you leave behind. Knowing your furry loved ones will be okay can be a great relief.
In order to get an information pack or for more information about the Free Will Writing Service contact us via email email@example.com
* The cost of writing your Will is paid by Cheltenham Animal Shelter, and whilst we hope you will remember us with a gift there is absolutely no obligation to do so.