The diary is now open for booking your company’s “Helping Hands” volunteer day at Cheltenham Animal Shelter for 2017!
We welcome groups of up to 8 people on Wednesdays throughout the year (there is some flexibility for smaller groups on other days or larger groups to do specific projects). Here’s an idea of what you can expect:
Volunteer days start at 8.30am
- There is a brief induction, tour and safety talk, then you are put to work with the kennel team
- You will start with cleaning kennels, cat pods or small animal enclosures
- Animal treats and feeds are prepped next
- You may be assisting with the laundry, food stores or site maintenance
- Lunch will be 30-45 minutes, usually you will have use of our classroom (and tea/coffee are available throughout the day)
- The afternoon is for animals! You can assist with dog walking or training, spend time cat cuddling or socialising our small animals
- The day will usually finish around 3pm, but if you want to stay on there will always be more animals needing fuss.
- We will send you a short questionnaire for feedback after your volunteer day.
All equipment and instruction is provided, but we do ask you to dress appropriately (you may be hosing kennels or dog walking in the rain) and bring your own lunch.
These days are a fantastic opportunity for staff to work together outside the office, building stronger teams and camaraderie while helping a local charity. We will happily tell the world about your time at the Shelter too, so they are a great PR opportunity.
If you would like more information, or to book a Helping Hands day, contact James on 01242 548775 or email email@example.com
We do not charge for volunteer days but why not get even more out of the experience by doing some fundraising before you come?
Over the years we have had larger groups come in and carry out special projects with us. Whilst there is still the opportunity to interact with the animals here at the Shelter the purpose of the day is to achieve something we otherwise wouldn’t have the resource to do. Previous groups have:
- Painted the classroom/offices
- Cleared gardens to create a new exercise area
- Assisted with the creation of a sensory garden for dogs
- Cleared the car park including cutting back trees and laying gravel
- Assisted with fencing the exercise paddocks
If you have a larger team and would like to discuss any projects we have available then please contact James on 01242 548775 or email firstname.lastname@example.org