The diary is now open to book your company’s “Helping Hands” volunteer day at Cheltenham Animal Shelter!
We welcome groups of up to 8 people on Wednesdays throughout the year (there is some flexibility for smaller groups on other days or larger groups to do specific projects). Here’s an idea of what you can expect:
- Volunteer days start at 8.30am
- There is a brief induction, tour and safety talk, then you are put to work with the kennel team
- You will start with cleaning kennels, cat pods or small animal enclosures
- Animal treats and feeds are prepped next
- You may also be assisting with the laundry, food stores or site maintenance depending on what the kennel team are doing that day
- Lunch will be 30-45 minutes (not provided) and usually you will have use of our classroom. Tea/coffee are available throughout the day
- The afternoon is for animals! You can assist with dog walking and training, spend time cat cuddling or socialising our small animals
- The day will usually finish around 3pm, but if you want to stay on there will always be more animals needing fuss.
- We will send you a short questionnaire for feedback after your volunteer day.
All equipment and instruction is provided, but we do ask you to dress appropriately (you may be hosing kennels or dog walking in the rain) and bring your own lunch.
These days are a fantastic opportunity for staff to work together outside the office, building stronger teams and camaraderie while helping a local charity. We will happily tell the world about your time at the Shelter too, so they are a great PR opportunity.
If you are interested in our helping hands opportunities, please fill out the following form and email it to Erica at email@example.com
We do not charge for volunteer days but we encourage attending groups to do some fundraising before they come. Perhaps a cake sale or dress down day in the office, or maybe something a little more challenging like a sponsored walk. Our fundraising team can help you with ideas.
Over the years we have had larger groups come in and carry out special projects with us. Whilst there is still the opportunity to interact with the animals here at the Shelter the purpose of the day is to achieve something we otherwise wouldn’t have the resource to do.
Our current list of available projects include…
- Rejuvenating the classroom
- Repairing off-lead exercise paddocks
- Repainting kennels
- Preparing for Open Day fundraising event
- Assisting with street collections, a vital source of income
If you have a larger team and would like to discuss any projects we have available then please contact us on 01242 548779 or email firstname.lastname@example.org